How to Vote in the June 8th Primary
Registering to Vote
If you are not registered to vote, make sure to do so by May 17th! You can register to vote online here with a valid Virginia DMV driver’s license or state ID card. You can also register by filling out this form and mailing it.
If you aren’t sure if you’re registered you can check your status, it is recommend to check your registration status before every election.
Visit vote.elections.virginia.gov/voterinformation for more information.
We encourage everyone to vote early – it’s quick, easy, and convenient!
Vote Early By Mail
1. ANY registered Virginia voter can request a mail-in ballot with no excuse!
3. Once you’ve requested your ballot, it will get mailed to you soon after! You can always check your ballot’s status here while you’re waiting.
4. When your ballot arrives, make sure to follow ALL of the instructions included. Make sure you fill out the information on the ballot envelope before you finish!
5. Once you’re all set, it’s time to return your ballot. You can put it back in the mail or deliver it to your Registrar’s office.
Your ballot must be postmarked on or before Election Day (June 8th) and if you are returning by hand, you must drop it off by the time polls close at 7pm on Election Day! You can always return your ballot earlier, the sooner the better!
If you have any questions about voting early by mail, email Emily at email@example.com!
Vote Early In Person
1. ANY registered Virginia voter can vote early in person with no excuse!
2. Voting early in person happens at your Registrar’s office. Find where yours is here!
3. All locations are open Monday- Friday but make sure to note the hours of the office.
4. Every locality will also be open for early in person voting the two Saturdays leading up to the election- May 29th and June 5th.
5. When you arrive at the Registrar’s office, you will fill out the necessary forms and complete your ballot!
The LAST day to vote early in person is June 5th. Counties will begin early voting in person as early as April 23rd. Find your location and head over today!
If you have any questions about voting early in person, email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Voting on Election Day
The Democratic primary election is being held on June 8th, 2021!
Polls will be open from 6:00am- 7:00pm. As long as you are in line by 7:00pm, you will be able to cast your vote! You can find your polling location here.
It’s a good idea to bring a form of identification with you if you can. Your voter registration documents, a driver’s license, military ID, or a current utility bill are all great options (among many others). If you don’t have any of these, can’t bring them, or forget- that is okay, you can still vote. You will sign a statement confirming your identity and then vote like normal!
If you have received a mail ballot but not returned it by June 8th, you can bring it to your polling location on Election Day to turn in.
If you have any problems at the polls, call the Virginia Voter Hotline at (844) 4VA-VOTE (844-482-8683).
If you have any questions about voting on Election Day, email Emily at email@example.com!
If you are not registered to vote, make sure to do so by May 17th! You can register to vote online here.